Every citizen of India, who attained the age of 18 years or more on 1st January of the year in which electoral roll has been prepared or revised every year, and who has not enrolled their name in the earlier Electoral roll should get themselves enroll their name in the office of Electoral Registration Officer in all the districts. It is the responsibility of every citizen not less than 18 years of age to get their name enroll in the electoral rolls in only one constituency.
For enrollment, correction of names, Transposition of Name within a constituency and deletion of Name of those who died, no more a resident of the constituency by shifting to other town or transfer to other places, the following form will be required to be fill in and submit the same to the Electoral Registration Officer.
1. Form 6 Application for inclusion of Name in electoral roll.
2. Form 7 Application for objection to inclusion of name in electoral roll.
3. Form 8 Application for objection to particulars entered in electoral roll.
4. Form 8A Application for transposition of entry in electoral roll.
For information on Assembly Constituency / Polling Station wise; Assembly Constituency / Polling Station/Voter Name Wise; All Polling Station under Assembly Constituency ; Total Voter List of Nagaland...
Elector Photo Identity Card (EPIC):
EPIC are being issued to every elector. It is mandatory to use during the Polling Electors who did not get EPIC are allowed to apply in the prescribed form alongwith 2 passport photos for submission to the Electoral Registration Officer OR get themselves photograph at the Electoral Registration Officers office where stationary photography facility are available.
Some Important features of Election Department.
(a) From the date of the Announcement of Elections by the Election Commission of India, the Model Code of Conduct for the guideline of Political Parties and candidate come into force.
(b) Any citizen of India who is not less than 25 years of age and have not been accused of any offense or have not been convicted of an offence can contest for election to the House of the People/Legislative Assembly from one Parliamentary constituency/Assembly constituency, having his name entered into the Electoral Roll of any constituency in the State.(Nomination Form 2A and 2B with Affidavit enclosed).
(c) Election Expenditure :-
A Candidate can incur expenditure to the ceiling the limit as below subject to maintenance of accounts of election of all expenditure by candidate from date on which he has been nominated upto the date of declaration of the result thereof.
1. Nagaland Nagaland Parliamentary constituency Rs. 25,00,000/-
Assembly Constituency - Rs. 5,00,000/-
(d) Electronic Voting Machine:
The Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) is reliable system specially designed for recording and counting of votes. It comprises a Control Unit (CU) and Ballot Unit (BU) interconnected by a 5 metre long cable.
Salient design features of EVM:-
· Software Programme fully sealed and fused on to the Micro Controller Chip at the time of manufacturing. The minichip software remains embedded in the chip and cannot be modified, erased or altered.
· Software Programme is not accessible and remaining
tamper proof after the manufacturing process.
· Easy to install and to use.
· Easy to transportable.
· Operates on dry cell based battery pack.
· Hard plastic casing ensures-Rust free long life and light weight.
· Come with Polypropylene reusable carrying case.
· Fast, Error free Polling and Counting.